|County Offices||Elected Officials||Education||County Statistics|
Dubois County Assessor
Phone: (812) 481-7010
JOB ROLE & DUTIES
The County Assessor is also elected to a four-year term and must be a Level III Assessor - Appraiser. The official functions are under the direction of the State Department of Local Government Finance.
County Assessor duties include:
1. Oversee real estate assessments for the county.
2. Oversee the personal property assessments for the county.
3. County inheritance tax appraiser.
4. Secretary of the County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals.
NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT REGISTRATION
A Notice of Assessment Registration is required by law if for any reason a building permit is not required. This notice is required for the entire county, including incorporated areas.
Items subject to this notice are:
• Construction or placement of building, swimming pool or other yard structure.
• Horizontal or vertical extension of building, including extensions such as patios.
• Major remodeling, including finishing of attic or basement.
• Addition (not replacement) of fireplace, central air conditioning, central heating, commercial paving, bath tub, sink, toilet, water heater, any plumbing fixture.
Any owner of real property, or the owner’s agent, who fails to file this notice when required is subject to a civil penalty of $100 pursuant to Indiana Code 6-1.1-5-15. THIS PENALTY WILL BE ENFORCED.
The Notice of Assessment Registration form is available from the Dubois County Assessor or on line at www.in.gov/dlgf under DLGF forms.
Notices may be returned to the Assessor’s office by mail at 1 Courthouse Square Jasper, IN 47546, by Fax 812-481-7014 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Any questions can be referred to the Dubois County Assessor at 812-481-7010.
Dubois County Offices
Meeting Minutes & Headlines Archives
|Website Usage Disclaimer E-mail - Comments, Corrections||County of Dubois © 2012|