|County Offices||Elected Officials||Education||County Statistics|
Dubois County Auditor
Phone: (812) 481-7000
Department Forms - includes tax rates, deductions. calculators, and ordinances
The County Auditor is elected for a four-year term. The Auditor’s office has responsibilities that range from being the county bookkeeper, secretary to the commissioners, county council and several tax boards, to providing the public with notices of all county meetings, official budget rates and ordinances. The County Auditor must prepare the financial statement and comply with the federal tax guidelines. The Auditor also distributes the funds to the county departments.
A sample of functions performed by the Auditor’s office:
1. Prepare the budgets for the council.
2. Audit all claims or bills for the county.
3. Responsible for all documents, books, records, maps and papers filed in the Auditor’s office.
4. Provide estimates of taxes to be received. Distributes all taxes when settled at year end.
5. County Welfare listing and how much each was paid.
6. Prepare all payroll information
• Payment of taxes to Federal, State and Social Security offices.
7. Certification of county maps
8. Maintains records of subdivisions, street names, etc.
9. Maintains the GIS mapping system.
Dubois County Offices
Meeting Minutes & Headlines Archives
|Website Usage Disclaimer E-mail - Comments, Corrections||County of Dubois © 2012|