Child Support IV-D

Child Support IV-D

The Dubois County Deputy Prosecutor's Office for Child Support Services represents the State's interest in the collection of child support.  This office can assist in establishing paternity and child support orders, enforcing court orders for support and arrearage payments, and locate an absent parent. 

The Dubois County Deputy Prosecutor's Office does not provide services in matters related to custody, visitation, relocation, tax exemption, etc.  The Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines can be found at  Parenting time questions can be answered by the Indiana Parenting Time Helpline, a free service open to everyone for information on the parenting time guidelines and visitation.  The helpline is staffed by licensed attorneys who are available Monday - Friday, 11 AM - 6 PM (EST).  The helpline phone number is 1-844-836-0003.  The helpline website is

Child support payments can be made by cash at the Dubois County Clerk's Office or local businesses where Pay Near Me and MoneyGram services are available.  Business locations accepting cash payments can be found at and  Cash payments made directly to a custodial parent may be considered a GIFT and may not be credited towards child support.   

Child support payments can also be made by automatic bank draft, an Income Withholding Order (IWO) to an employer, cashier's check, money order, credit card, and debit card.  Cashier's checks and money orders can be mailed to INSCCU, PO Box 7130, Indianapolis, IN 46207-7130.  Credit and debit card payments can be made at or by calling 1-855-972-9427.  Additional fees may apply when paying by credit and debit card. 

Payment information can be found by calling the Kids Line at 1-800-840-8757 or by visiting

Child support terminates upon a child's emancipation.  SEA 18 terminates child support upon a child's nineteenth (19th) birthday, unless otherwise ordered.  The Court can determine early emancipation if a child is over 18 and no longer attending school, living on his/her own and supporting him/herself, or in the military. 

A child support order can be modified if there have been significant changes to income, living situations, incarceration, or it has been a year since the child support was last computed.  A child support order does not change unless a petition is filed and a judge grants it.  Child support orders can be modified by hiring a private attorney or filing a pro se petition.  Pro se petitions can be found at  Pro se petitions can be filed directly with the Court.   

Enforcement actions that can occur when a non-custodial parent gets behind in his/her payments include liens on vehicles and/or other property, license suspension, passport suspension/denial, tax return interceptions, notification to the credit bureau, and contempt of court or felony charges resulting in jail time. 

To enroll for child support services, you must complete an enrollment form and submit requested documentation.  An enrollment form can be found online at or picked up at the Dubois County Deputy Prosecutor's Office, located at 248 E. Third Street, Suite B, Jasper.  Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (EST), effective January 1, 2019.

Dubois County IV-D Office