Dubois County Application
CASA Program - Part-time Volunteer Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:The Supervisor provides professional staff support to CASA volunteers ensuring that the children involved with the CASA program receive sound advocacy and that the volunteers working with them follow CASA policies and standards.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- The ability to communicate with, supervise, and empower volunteers to be effective in their role
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families where abuse and/or neglect has happened
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and individuals of diverse racial, economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, highly organized, self-motivated, detail oriented
- Confidentiality, leadership ability, and professionalism are required
- Ability to work as a team with the Department of Child Services and other service providers
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word required
- Commitment to CASA’s goals and mission
- Provide assistance and consultation for volunteers as needed and when requested via email, phone, and/or face to face
- Review , proof and electronically file volunteer court reports
- Enter case data into Optima (online case management program) in a timely manner
- Attend and take notes at court hearings and track court dates
- Monitor and approve case contact logs for volunteers and ensure that the case is receiving proper advocacy per CASA policies and standards; provide guidance and/or re-direction to volunteers as needed
- Evaluate the effectiveness of volunteers and provide positive feedback often as well as constructive criticism when necessary
- Assist with the planning of monthly in-service training sessions and attend these sessions
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing, and training of new volunteers, as requested by the Director
- Attend conferences and meetings as requested by the Director
- Other duties deemed necessary or requested by the Director
TO APPLY: Email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications are due by 5/1/18.
Purdue Extension- Dubois County Summer Program Assistant
- Employment Period: mid-May - August, dates nogotiable
- SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position will provide assistance to Purdue Extension staff during the summer months. The Summer Program Assistant will increase his/her knowledge of youth development programs, community partnerships, volunteer development, and the Purdue Extension program. this summer position provides valuable pre-professional experience for educational and community based careers. The Summer Program Assistant position will be supervised by the County Extension Director.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: The Summer Program Assistant work involves, but is not limited to, assisting in the planning implementation and promotion of youth development programs that benefit Dubois County 4-H youth, such as summer camps, fair related activities and events. This is a posistion requiring significant contact with the public and ability to multitask. This summer position provides flexibility in scheduling, some overnight and weekend work may be required.
- · Evidence of successful leadership experience in 4-H, school and/or community organizations
· 4-H experience preferred but not necessary
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Ability to deal with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
· Strong organization and excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Enthusiasm and flexibility, strong critical thinking skills
· Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
· Knowledge of Dubois County a plus
· Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability
· Must pass volunteer screening process
· Must pass county drug test before employment
· Currently enrolled in a college/university program
- SALARY: Hourly rate negotiable. Reimbursement for official job travel provided according to Dubois County policy.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications due April 1, 2018; Send a cover letter, resume, and completed application http://www.duboiscountyin.org/employment.html
Jan Dougan, County Extension Director
Purdue Extension-Dubois County
1482 Executive Blvd
Jasper, IN 47546
- INTERVIEWS for top candidates will be held Spring 2018.
Dubois County is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
The Dubois County Security Center is accepting applications for a full time Jailer. Candidate must pass physical agility and written tests to be administered on April 5 at 6 p.m. County benefits and State Public Employee Retirement benefits are provided. Dubois County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are available at www.duboiscountyin.org and must be returned to the Security Center, 257 Brucke Strasse, Jasper, IN 47546 by midnight on April 2, 2018.
Beginning salary $38,222.00.